Six Rivers now offers free Eviction Prevention Mediation (“EPM”) through funding provided by the Oregon legislature. EPM provides mediation and conciliation services to property managers, landlords and tenants throughout our Oregon service area – the counties of Hood River, Wasco, Sherman, Gilliam and Wheeler.
Some of the topics we help with include:
• Late or missing rent
• Pet concerns
• Maintenance and housekeeping
• Repairs and damages
• Additional occupants
• Rule violations
• Neighbor or roommate complaints
• Vacate dates
• Payment plans, and more!
Mediation can help in a lot of ways. Mediation provides:
• Impartial Encouragement, where landlords and tenants are supported and listened to, while in a room together and also individually. Mediators are neutral guides; we do not offer legal advice but we can provide information regarding legal resources upon request;
• Confidentiality, where a safe space is created and preserved so parties can reach self-determined solutions that are lasting; and
• Voluntary Opportunities, where people are invited to participate, listen and share, and where arguments become opportunities to understand different points of view.
These free services are available to people involved in rental housing disputes that are arising before eviction filing or while eviction is being considered, and after eviction papers are filed too.
By offering free, compassionate and respectful mediation, Six Rivers is eager to facilitate the discovery of workable solutions to problems facing landlords and tenants in Oregon.
If you are wondering if you might benefit from these services, please email Michael at or call (541) 386-1283 x6. All inquiries are confidential. Services can be provided in all languages.
PLEASE DON’T WAIT – MEDIATE!
To learn more about mediation and Six Rivers, please check out our fall newsletter or visit www.6rivers.org.