Eviction Resolution Pilot Program (ERPP)
Are you a property owner managing unpaid rent? A renter facing eviction? The Eviction Resolution Pilot Program (ERPP) helps landlords and tenants to talk and get help with rental assistance to solve problems — before an eviction court case is filed. The ERPP is required by law and free to the tenant and landlord.
Dispute Resolution Centers (DRCs) are working to meet the community’s needs and address housing stability and economic stability. The ERPP helps landlords and tenants resolve nonpayment of rent cases with solutions that work for both property owners and tenants, including dispute resolution, access to rental assistance, and legal aid.
A short video (English and Spanish versions) about the ERPP is available at the bottom of this web page.
About the Program
The Eviction Resolution Pilot Program (ERPP) allows landlords and tenants to meet with qualified and trained Early Resolution Specialists. The ERPP is free to the tenant and landlord.
- Landlords must give tenants the option to participate in the ERPP before the landlord can file an eviction lawsuit in court.
- Tenants may choose whether or not to participate in the ERPP.
- If a tenant chooses to participate, the landlord must participate.
- Many tenants also qualify for free legal assistance to help navigate the ERPP process.
About the Process
- A neutral third party early resolution specialist (ERS) with a Dispute Resolution Center (DRC) facilitates the ERPP process.
- The ERS will try to connect tenants to any available rental assistance.
- If the tenant does not participate in the ERPP, or if the ERPP is unsuccessful, the landlord may file an eviction lawsuit.
- All income qualified tenants will have a lawyer to defend them appointed by the court.
To use ERPP
Contact our Early Resolution Specialist:
Phone: (541) 386-1283 x 2 | Direct/text: (509) 606-6363
Information for Attorneys, Landlords, and Tenants
Click here for our “ERPP Program Guide Overview.” It includes links to important resources.
NOTICE TO LANDLORDS and TENANTS in Klickitat and Skamania Counties
Click here for our ERPP “Notice to Landlords and Tenants in Klickitat and Skamania Counties.”
Statewide ERPP Update (December 2021)
- 13,679 people directly served
- 90% of cases settled in the first service stage, Info & Referral
- Where outcomes were known, DRCs reported that 92% of tenants continued their tenancy.
“Thank you so much for all your help. I am sure we will all get through this soon! Thank you for all that you guys do!”
– A property manager’s response after receiving ERPP services (Dec. ’21)
“I have been by myself fighting this for a long time… just having assistance… is making my dreams come true… you are the best thing that has happened to me today… feeling positively happily overwhelmed!”
– A tenant’s response on the phone after receiving ERPP services (Dec. ’21)
To read the full December ERPP update, please click here.
Rental assistance funding:
Washington Gorge Action Programs (WAGAP)
Phone: (509) 493-2662 | Toll Free: (800) 755-1192
Current ERPP forms via the Attorney General (in multiple languages):
Eviction Defense Screening Line
Phone: (855) 657-8387 (Leave name and phone number for a callback)
Housing Provider & Tenant Education:
Rental Housing Association of Washington (Contains information for both housing providers and tenants.)